Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children.
At Eastfield Primary School Mrs Weston is the member of staff responsible for Child Protection.
What to do if you have a concern about a child attending Eastfield Primary School
During school hours:
- Contact the school on 01482 351150
- Contact Hull City Council EHaSH Team on 01482 448879
Out of school hours or during school holidays:
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the Police on 999
- If your concern is less urgent, but you are worried for the welfare of a child, then contact Hull City Council EHaSH on 01482 448879
- If you have a concern about a child at Eastfield Primary School , which you believe staff need to know about, then contact Suzanne Wilson (Strategic Safeguarding Lead for HCAT): firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms Wilson will then make contact with a key member of staff from the academy on your behalf.
Any person employed to work with children in our school is expected to be cleared by a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, we have made available the below documents to give you further advice and information:
Operation Encompass is a Police and Education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people exposed to domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools before the start of the next school day when a child or young person has been involved or exposed to a domestic abuse incident the previous evening.
‘Eastfield Primary School is a safe environment for my child to learn and grow.’
‘The school ethos is fantastic – my daughter comes home with a happy story every day.’
‘It’s good to see the kids smile on their faces before school and after school.’
‘My child thoroughly enjoys coming to school and is making good progress.’
‘Having opportunities for the children to take part in activities outside the classroom is a real positive.’
‘My child has progressed in lots of different ways whilst being at Eastfield primary school.’
‘I have seen my child develop socially and academically during her time there.’
‘Brilliant school. My daughter has absolutely thrived since being here.’
‘Excellent and varied extra curricular activities.’
‘Good updates on current activities and curriculum. Supportive staff.’
‘The curriculum is delivered in a way that makes his education fun & exciting.’
‘I’m very happy with my child’s progress, and can see how happy he enjoys his time learning.’
‘An outstanding school both academically and in sporting achievements with friendly staff.’
‘Eastfield has given my children the best start in their educational journey.’
‘Excellent school that manages to involve all pupils.’
‘Members of our family have been pupils at Eastfield since 1975 – highly recommended.’